Schneier - Risks of Password Managers

Stuart Schechter writes about the security risks of using a password manager. It's a good piece, and nicely discusses the trade-offs around password managers: which one to choose, which passwords to store in it, and so on.

My own Password Safe is mentioned. My particular choices about security and risk is to only store passwords on my computer -- not on my phone -- and not to put anything in the cloud. In my way of thinking, that reduces the risks of a password manager considerably. Yes, there are losses in convenience.



from Schneier on Security https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2019/06/risks_of_passwo.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KnowBe4 - Scam Of The Week: "When Users Add Their Names to a Wall of Shame"

Krebs - NY Charges First American Financial for Massive Data Leak

SBS CyberSecurity - In The Wild 166